Soup's On

Home of the Beauty Blitz, Fashion Fix and everything in between!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Dressed : The AMA Edition

The stars of the music world were out in full force last night for the American Music Awards. I am a huge music lover, so I was tuned in for all three hours. My husband on the other hand, was over it after 45 min. I came for the music and the side dish of fashion. When it came to red carpet style, there were definitely some stunners and some uh, bummers. Let’s start with the stunners…

For some reason, Rihanna doesn’t disappoint. She definitely takes risks but, they seem to work for her. I’m not sure who else could have pulled off this frock. I’ve heard some describe it as a dust ruffle. I thought it was pure fabulousness. It’s light and breezy. What do you expect from a girl from Barbados. The shoes topped it off well. She could have gone with metallic strappy pumps, but at the end of the day it seems like that would be the easy choice.

While I am usually a fan of the uber-fabulous Alicia Keys, I am on the fence about the head jewelry. My first thoughts were she should have paired it with smaller earring to pull it off. It kind of looked over done. What do you think?

Queen Latifah is one of my favorites on the red carpet. I forget sometimes that she really knows how to bring it! This body hugging dress shows off her curves. The jewelry is just enough without being over the top. The hair and the makeup are flawless. Can we take a minute just to focus on the fabulousness that are her shoes! They are my favorite part of the outfit. Those things are fierce!


Photos:abc.com

















No comments: