Soup's On

Home of the Beauty Blitz, Fashion Fix and everything in between!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Naturally Beautiful

For a while now I have been toying around with the idea of going natural. My hair is already natural in a sense. I don't have a relaxer and I have been free from chemicals for at least a decade. Now, I want to take it a step further and sport a sort of wash and go style. My hesitation: what will upkeep be like? What products should I use? How should I style it? To that end I have been looking at these style divas for inspiration. They all have a unique look that certainly works for them. Maybe there's something here I can pull from to rock a natural that is so me!

Let's start with Tracee Ellis Ross... the former "Girlfriends" star continues to stand out with her versatile locks.
Then there's new Bad Boy artist Janelle Monae. She's taken the natural to a whole other level with her pompadour.
India Arie always delivers. She somehow always finds a new way to rock natural hairstyles.

Ms. Badu hasn't disappointed from day one. Even going so far as rocking a dreadlocked weave early in her career. Only Erykah!



Do you have a favorite natural diva? Or any suggestions for rocking a natural do fabulously?

Photos:essence.com

No comments: