Soup's On

Home of the Beauty Blitz, Fashion Fix and everything in between!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to Nature - Product Tester




In my attempt to be au naturale, I have been trying different products. Including among them, deodorant. I've become increasingly more aware of what I'm putting in and on my body. I've read in various places that aluminum can lead to breast cancer and Alzheimer's. After hearing over and over again about these dangers in deodorant, I starting looking for a more natural approach.
First, I started with Tom's of Maine. They've been creating natural deodorants since 1976 so they should know what they're doing, right? Well, the product uses natural ingredients to keep you fresh. Let's start with the good: it goes on clear, doesn't leave white marks on clothes, and washes off clean. The bad: without anti-perspirant you'll definitely still sweat and that can lead to a little odor. I will say, it's minimal... the odor, that is.
Then, I tried Herbal Clear. This brand is made with Aloe Vera and Vitamins A & E. On the package it boasts that it's aluminum and paraben free. All good things, but how does it work? The good: like Tom's it goes on clear and washes off easily. On very hot days or situations, sweat is definitely a factor. Again, like Tom's the odor from the sweat is minimal and it's only in certain situations. On a day-to-day basis, it's not an issue.
Most natural brands seem to be only deodorant and not anti-perspirant. So, be warned you will still sweat but hopefully you'll be less -- fragrant. For me it's a small price to pay for keeping toxins out of my body. Tried either of these? Let me know what you think.
Photos: AmericanRX and Tom's of Maine

No comments: